THIS IS MY VIRTUAL LIVING ROOM. COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO. THE BAR IS OVER IN THE CORNER -- HELP YOURSELF, BUT MIND YOUR MANNERS.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Why Blog 101

Every once in a while I come upon something truly special that impresses upon me why I spent the time I do blogging.

Oh yes, we all learn something new every day -- bits of news or commentary that we don't get from traditional media sources. We may engage in substantive and meaningful intellectual dialogue or simply some some deeply snarky tete-a-tete with moonbats, perhaps. But there are some exceedingly eloquent and clever participants in the give and take of comment threads.

I ran across this early today and am compelled to share it.

From the facile-tongued "Rhod," regular commenter at New England Republican, in reducing his regard for the Baker Commission's report to Shakespearean verse:

What ho! Good Woodchuck! One such as I dream of James Baker, and the ISG

Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
Will hum about mine ears, and sometimes voices
That, if I then had waked after long sleep,
Will make me sleep again: and then in dreaming,
The clouds methought would open and show riches
Ready to drop upon me; that when I waked,
I cried to dream again.



Good work.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?