THIS IS MY VIRTUAL LIVING ROOM. COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO. THE BAR IS OVER IN THE CORNER -- HELP YOURSELF, BUT MIND YOUR MANNERS.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

A Federal Case Over Skiing

I hate to see this kind of nonsense.

A 23 year-old skiing instructor is barreling down an expert slope at Loon Mountain, slams into a 14 year-old girl who is traversing the trail (both advanced skiiers on an advanced trail), knocking the girl unconscious, and the ski instructor sues the teenager.

It may sound heretical coming from a lawyer, but people need to realize that accidents happen, and they're not always someone else's fault.

Having done a considerable amount of skiing during my lifetime, I find it difficult to believe that the ski instructor could not avoid the downslope obstacle, unless she was traveling (as Meat Loaf would say) LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must go put a bag over my head.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?